Lead Graffiti is designers who print via letterpress and printers who design. With our collective 60 years of experience in graphic / advertising design and letterpress we can generate ideas from scratch or implement yours to produce results with an eye toward what gives letterpress that wow factor.
As designers who print
We've designed & printed via letterpress for tasty clients such as The Metropolitan Opera, Art Directors Club of New York, Columbia University, and the Delaware Art Museum; married brides & grooms & friends together; and recycled cereal boxes and beer cartons into greeting cards. Here are four projects that will provide some evidence.
As printers who work with designers
We've printed via lettepress for ad agencies and design studio such as House Industries, Red Tettemer, Sagmeister, Flux Labs, and The Sundance Film Festival; from 600 11" x 17" calendars to one-color business cards on the backs of cereal boxes; and we've had designers take over our studio and staff for the weekend to just experiment with wood & metal type.
We love small projects as well as large and we also run a variety of workshops in case you want to learn to make your own books and things via letterpress or simply stir your creative pot a bit.
Some other creative projects to whet your appetite
- posters & broadsides that become collectable instead of wallpaper
- wedding invitations to get your guests to wear their dancing shoes
- fine press books to make words valuable
- special occasion ephemera to make moments memorable
Our portfolio should show our design & capabilities of printing via letterpress.
Start a conversation with Lead Graffiti
Letterpress offers a great way for even a small project to stand out.
Projects we’d love to do
- headlines and typographic illustration for advertising, editorial, interactive, television, film, and animation projects
- coordinated wedding & party invitations, gift tags, coasters, placecards, mementos, and thank yous
- publicity posters for music, theatre, civic, and other groups
- labels for wine bottles, gourmet items and other packaging
- a high school diploma (designed by the students?) or important certificates
- And there are plenty of others