- COST : $100 each
- AGE : 15 or better
- TIME : 9 hours
- ALL MATERIALS, lunch and light snacks included with 3 copies of the final book
PLEASE THOROUGHLY READ the description of our Meander Book workshop before registering.
Four people who are coming from Colorado and Texas have asked us to run a workshop for them before the start of the College Book Arts Association national conference. Our plan is to offer our Meander Book workshop, which is the best 1-day letterpress workshop we've ever heard of. We've got plenty of room at the moment for others to take the workshop. Just sign up.
Composed of handset wood and metal type, working without sketches, printing using our hand-cranked Vandercook SP15 and our automatic Vandercook Universal III we will produce a 2-color, 14-page hard cover book.
You'll walk away with 3 copies of day's result plus an extra copy of a previous book to impress fellow conference goers and let you think about how to pull this off in your own shops.
- Collaborative environment for up to 14 participants
- learn the meander book form which has a lot of applications for a design student
- the complexity of printing a 2-color text block
- learn an amazing way to lock up this complicated project
- encourages spontaneity versus planning
TO CANCEL, text to 302.547.6930 or email at least 24 hours in advance.